1) Do I still have to use a pH stabilizer when I start using Rootbastic together with the A & B parts in my reservoir or when I hand water my plants?
Yes, because the pH needs to be between 5.8 and 6.5 to get the most out of your plants. It is always wise to check the pH and adjust it, if necessary.
2) When is the best time to measure this?
Every day (prior to giving Rootbastic to your plant).
3) Does RBS contain beneficial bacteria?
No, Rootbastic does not contain any beneficial bacteria. Instead it contains food beneficial to micro organisms, as well as plant food.
4) What should the EC be in my total RBS solution and in the A & B parts?
EC 0.8 / 0.9
5) How do I increase the dosage?
Increase 0.3 ml per week. You can increase the dosage by 0.3 ml per week, up to a total of 1.1 ml (depending on the growth of the roots). We recommend using a low dosage of 0.3 ml because this is a product with a high PK.
6) Where and when is the best way to measure the EC if I am growing in soil, hydro and coco medium?
Regularly measure the water as well as the medium you are growing in. When using coco or soil medium, use 1 part media and 1.5 parts osmosis water to measure EC. With Rockwool you could measure the drain directly.
7) What is in Rootbastic?
It claims to be a combination of high PK and micro nutrients. Phosphoric Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Nitrogen, Ascophyllum Nodosum, and Laminaria Digitata.
8) Are ingredients (like seaweed) cold processed?
Yes they are. These ingredients: cold CLAY and KELP.
9) What is your experience using Rootbastic together with other products?
When you start to use Rootbastic you will see an enormous change within a few days, compared with not using any root stimulators.
10) When can I start using Rootbastic?
You can start using Rootbastic when the roots have reached approximately 2 inch in length. The reason a cutting or seedling grows roots to begin with, is because it is in survival mode. It is searching for food. It completely defeats the purpose if nutrients/RBS are added to a cutting/seedling before it has developed a root structure or “a mouth”, if you will. Save it until the plant needs it!
11) How can I see if my little plant is having problems when using Rootbastic and the A & B parts? Are there any visible signs?
You will see it in the plant’s growth and in the roots’ growth. The leaves will hang down and become curly when there’s too much.
12) Why are my plants encountering root growth problems or even the small plants when using Rootbastic with my A & B base nutrients?
Wait until the roots start showing (are normal size).
13) When shall I continue giving Rootbastic when my plants do have a problem?
The directions state for 3 weeks. This is too short a time frame to start using Rootbastic again. We advise flushing the plant first, and then starting over. 3 weeks is the best period of time to help your young plant create super roots!!
14) In which growing media should I use Rootbastic to get the best results?
All media will give good results when using Rootbastic.
15) You also sell B’cuzz Root stimulator. Should I stop using this product and replace it with Rootbastic?
There is no problem using B’cuzZ Root. But you can also use Rootbastic instead due to its high NPK and because it’s an organic based fertilizer. If you use the Rootbastic correctly, you will see a difference in your roots in a very short period of time. For example: you roots will get bigger, whiter, stronger, and longer.